This is our first Roundtable session right after our WikiStack project, which is a Wikipedia clone, the first "full-stack" project that Full Stack and Grace Hopper students attempt just 2 weeks into the program. (The stack is: Node, Express, Nunjucks, and Sequelize). Because it is a casual conversation between fellow campers, a lot of words and terms are thrown about with assumed knowledge, but this should give you a sense of the typical table conversations we are having while in the bootcamp.
- Progressive Technical Debt
- How the workshops work
- Copying and pasting instead of Learning
- Learning from Review videos
- Computer problems and postgres problems
- "There's Never Enough Time"
- Pairing Problems
- Senior Phase - Stackathon
- Mixing D3 and React
- Sequelize versioning Problems
- Senior Phase - GraceShopper, Stackathon, Capstone
- Full Stack Scaffolding
- "What is Webpack?"
- Doing CS Saturdays
- Humor in Workshop notes
- LICECap for making GIF screen captures
- Wikistack - the Wikipedia clone we worked on
Subscribe on Apple Podcasts or any RSS based Podcatcher, or download episodes at impostor-syndrome.org! Send your questions and feedback to @swyx or firstname.lastname@example.org. If this story reminds you of someone you know, send it to them!